Monday, May 21, 2007

I wanna get wit' ya, and take yo' picture

[Baby Got Back, Sir Mix A Lot]

I want my wedding to be fun.

I know there's something to be said for the glorious and elegant wedding. Truly a lovely thing. But... I want mine to be FUN.

I want tea-length dresses (that's just below the knees for you boor-ish boys), cookies in jars, karaoke, laughter, happiness, joy... the whole wedding party is wearing flip flops. JCrew flip flops, nonetheless, but flip flops. BOO-YAH!!

I kind of hope the cake will fall over or something.

I'm not kidding. How funny would that be? Like, it goes crashing down, and then a terrified hush goes over the crowd and everyone looks at the bride (that would be me)... and I BUST OUT LAUGHING! Just BUST it! That would be so stinking funny. And people would remember the light happiness of the event.

I mean, I don't want it to be like sloppy and ghetto. But I want fun. I spoke with my roomies about this, and my friend Jill... I have a lot of guests who would likely be fairly offended by alcohol, and neither Jason nor I drink, so that's fine. But I'm thinking some karaoke is in order... we'll see. But I'm just throwing that all out there.

Thoughts?