Friday, November 23, 2007

Ok, Lord... this is clearly a LOOOOOONG test You have for us...

Our car was broken into again. Not. Even. Kidding.

I went to find my ice scraper (which has been stolen, I realized... big surprise) to use on Jason's truck and it wasn't there. The door was unlocked, and at first I was like, "I am such a tool for leaving my car unlocked! Except... I know I didn't leave it unlocked. I was so careful to keep it locked!" Then I realized the trunk was open, and I couldn't even believe it.


Technically it wasn't "broken" into, per se, because they used a shaved key again. But I am just so fed up-- why would you do that? Who breaks into people's cars? It's likely the same freaking person, and there is a strong possibility that they live in our apartment complex. Jas says they may likely be meth addicts, since they were clearly looking for something of value to take and took nothing upon finding nothing. Oh, and the lovely jerks left it in the accessories on position, which is probably just great for our brand new battery, which was replaced because last time the jerks did this they trashed the previous battery. I am just so annoyed!

To add insult to injury, we parked the car in our covered spot, literally 30 feet from our bedroom, where it's brightly lit. What audacity and nerve! I want to punch the thief in the mouth. Or, as my gracious husband put it (be prepared for some color here), attach the jumper cables to the thief's balls and start the car. I'm not sure that's what Jesus would do. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's NOT what Jesus would do :)

So... to make our lives wonderful, the car is sicker than ever. Now, we can't start it. The ignition is locked up. Jas tried to start it, but to no avail. The ignition won't move. Ugh.

So we removed the battery and put it in a locked outdoor closet at our apartment. In addition, we printed these verses from Matthew 6 (NASB) and taped them onto the steering wheel:

19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

20"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;

21for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


I'm not sure whether those verses are meant more for the next potential break-in of the thief, or for us.